What is LG?
Leadership Greensboro provides our city with an ongoing source of diverse leaders who are committed to serve as catalysts and sustainers of positive change for the quality of life in the Greater Greensboro area. Our vision is to create a Greensboro/Guilford County community full of leaders committed to inclusivity, collaboration, and the common good.
- A unique, three-part leadership development program: Education, Volunteer Leadership, & Alumni Engagement
- Part I: Formal leadership development through our signature 9-month educational component
- Consists of monthly day-long sessions from August to May, a two-day retreat, a team project, and outstanding curriculum facilitated by the Center for Creative Leadership
- In-depth exposure to critical issues facing the community through lectures, discussions groups, on-site visits, simulations, and other activities
- Hands-on experiences teach participants how to work together to make our community a better place to live
- Part II: Volunteer leadership in planning and facilitating content for the subsequent class
- Part III: Active alumni engagement and connections within the Leadership Greensboro network and Greater Greensboro community
- Up to 45 outstanding leaders are selected each year to participate in this enriching program