When can you and your employees get the vaccine?
As of March 31, 2021, everyone 16 years and older is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination in Guilford County. Learn more at HealthyGuilford.com. You can also have updates texted to your phone. Subscribe by texting GC19 to 888777.
Paid Leave Tax Credit
The American Rescue Plan includes a tax credit for employers who provide full paid leave to employees to get the COVID-19 vaccination. This includes days employees take off to recover from the vaccination.
- The tax credit is available to organizations with fewer than 500 employees.
- The credit covers up to $511 per day for each vaccinated employee.
- The tax credit is available for wages from April 1, 2021, through September 30, 2021.
Employers can be public health champions!
Officials say the biggest way employers can help with the vaccination process is by sharing accurate information.
About the vaccine:
- Scientists had a head start, and thousands of volunteers helped with the clinical trials.
- The vaccines are tested, safe and effective.
- You cannot get COVID-19 from the vaccine.
- Supplies will be limited at first.
- You will have a spot to take your shot.
- Vaccines are free to everyone, even if you don’t have insurance.
- You must get two doses of the same vaccine.
How employers can help:
- Encourage frontline employees to get vaccinated when the vaccine is available to them.
- Share information and resources with your employees. NC DHHS has printable flyers and fact sheets on their website, as well as social media graphics and videos.
- Offer to work with local vaccine providers.
- Consider what type of vaccination model would work best for you and your employees.
- Offer reminders and assistance to your employees to get vaccinated.
Chamber Action Calls with Experts
Follow us on social media @gsochamber – that’s where we share the latest information as we receive it.