When can you and your employees get the vaccine?
The vaccine is being distributed in phases (see below). To learn more about each phase, visit the NC DHHS website YourSpotYourShot.nc.gov.
For information specific to Guilford County, visit HealthyGuilford.com. You can also have updates texted to your phone. Subscribe by texting GC19 to 888777.
The Guilford County Health Department is working directly with employers starting with Phase 3.
Employers can be public health champions!
Officials say the biggest way employers can help with the vaccination process is by sharing accurate information. Below is information provided by public health and legal experts during our February 3 Chamber Action Call.
About the vaccine:
- Scientists had a head start, and thousands of volunteers helped with the clinical trials.
- The vaccines are tested, safe and effective.
- You cannot get COVID-19 from the vaccine.
- Supplies will be limited at first.
- You will have a spot to take your shot.
- Vaccines are free to everyone, even if you don’t have insurance.
- You must get two doses of the same vaccine.
How employers can help:
- Encourage frontline employees to get vaccinated when the vaccine is available to them.
- Share information and resources with your employees. NC DHHS has printable flyers and fact sheets on their website, as well as social media graphics and videos.
- Offer to work with local vaccine providers.
- Consider what type of vaccination model would work best for you and your employees.
- Offer reminders and assistance to your employees to get vaccinated.
Follow us on social media @gsochamber – that’s where we share the latest information as we receive it.