Work With Us
Join a dynamic team ready to get things done for our community. Open positions will be listed below.
Director, Accelerate Greensboro
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports To: Executive Vice President of Member Engagement
Overview: The Greensboro Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) is the largest business organization in the Triad and serves as the principal economic and community development organization in Greensboro. We accomplish our work through four program areas: Action Greensboro, Economic Development, Launch Greensboro, and Member Engagement. There is support for these programs areas provided by Governmental Affairs, Marketing & Communications, and HR/Finance/Administration.
The Greensboro Chamber of Commerce fully supports and values an inclusive community with meaningful and visible representation of diversity. The Director will guide Accelerate Greensboro to ignite change and spark action to make Greensboro the Nation’s #1 destination for Minority Entrepreneurs to design and enhance their business. This position will have direct responsibility for Accelerate Greensboro, including Scale to Excel and the Connections Cohort.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify new, innovative ways to engage Accelerate Greensboro participants and the community in ways that build cultural diversity and economic inclusion.
- Identify and address systemic barriers to supplier diversity
- Address gaps and educate the business community on the economic impact of supplier diversity
- Manages sustainable recruiting and funding pipelines for programs, including grant identification and submission, to ensure goals are met and the programs continue to evolve.
- Develops strategies and tracking for growth in MBA portfolio and goal setter companies.
- Serves as Program Manager for Scale to Excel
- Manages instructor and all aspects on the program
- Oversees recruitment for the cohort
- Manages alumni plans, strategic plan reviews, and ongoing alumni engagement
- Promotes the program in the media, through networking events and community partnerships
- Serves as liaison with Interise on the Scale to Excel program as well as minority business initiatives.
- Maximizes the dual-relationships with Launch Greensboro and links programming.
- Maintains a comprehensive listing of relevant programming occurring throughout vetted organizations to share with minority businesses.
- Manages Connections Cohort recruiting, programming, tracking, and alumni engagement.
- Manages all revenue and expenses, operates within the set budget, and ensures goals are achieved.
- Evaluates all aspects of programs, identifies and executes process improvements and efficiencies.
- Collaborates with the VP, Other Voices Diversity Engagement on relevant issues.
- Assists with other Chamber programs and events, as needed.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with Chamber members, and in the community.
Education & Skill Requirements:
- Possesses a high degree of energy, engagement, and enthusiasm for the initiatives and the Chamber
- Short-and-long term visionary
- Strong awareness of global and cultural issues
- Excels in relationship development
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, meeting all deadlines and goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High level of personal integrity and solid values reflected both professionally and personally
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment as a normal and recurrent part of performing duties
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Proactively anticipates issues and successfully resolves them, engaging senior management as needed
- Willingness to work outside or normal business hours for events and presentations, when needed
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking and hearing.
- Must have the physical dexterity to handle tasks such as making name tags, handling/placing large signs, using a computer and phone efficiently.
- Must be able to perform moderate physical work, lifting up to 25 pounds to move supplies needed for program days and events.
- Must possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, education or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in establishing initiatives and processes.
- Demonstrated business development experience.
- Experience in program leadership and fundraising.
- Three to five years experience in working in business development with an emphasis on small-to mid-size businesses.
Applications accepted through December 23rd via email only at email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter, resume and three references.
Circle of Champions
Kelly Office Solutions
Staunton Capital, Inc.
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist