Thursday, November 8, 2018
At this year’s conference, our keynote speaker is the founder of Athena International, Martha Mayhood Mertz, who will share her story and why she wanted women’s strengths as leaders publicly acknowledged, around the world. Andrea Stevenson Connor, the current ATHENA International President, will make brief welcome remarks and introduce our keynote.
Notable Athena Winners include former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Each year at our Annual Dinner, the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce honors a deserving leader with the Athena Leadership Award.
Join us to experience and hear how these Athena ideals can guide your career, and our community, to excellence.
Panel on mentorship in any stage of your professional life:
• Michelle Gethers-Clark, President/CEO at United Way of Greater Greensboro (Moderator)
• Dawn Chaney, Chaney Properties
• Micky Haywood, Chaney Properties
• Shawn Straub, Partner at Alt HR
• Lizzy Tahsuda, Campus Greensboro Director
Panel on the Business Realities of the #MeToo Movement:
• Denny Kelly, Chairwoman of Bouvier Kelly
• Sherri Thomas, Chief HR & Organizational Development Officer, Truliant Federal Credit Union
• Julie Theall Earp, Smith Moore Leatherwood, LLP
• Sarah McGuire, Director of synerG Young Professionals
Plus a thoughtful & interactive exercise with
Laura Vail, Director of Cone Health’s Office of Inclusion & Health Equity
In addition to these great panels, we’ll be having a wine and cheese reception, great door prizes featuring Chamber members, and display tables for female-owned local businesses.
A few of our display tables will feature Hops + Nuts, Wonderland Bookshop, Office Evolution, Eye Salons, and Sandra Kay (Executive Director with The John Maxwell Team).
Individual Chamber Member Attendee—$195
Individual non-Chamber Member Attendee—$250
Includes Lunch & Wine and Cheese Reception