A maximum of thirty individuals will be selected to participate in the program. Since the number of participants to Other Voices is limited, applicants who are not selected are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
Participants will be chosen by the Other Voices Selection Committee based upon the information provided in the application. The committee will be seeking individuals from Guilford County:
- Who represent a cross-section of the community including business, the professions, education, government, arts, clergy, service and community organizations, neighborhoods and various racial, cultural, socio-economic, age and gender groups.
- Who have demonstrated a sincere commitment, motivation and interest in improving human relations in the Greensboro community.
- Who have a genuine concern for the future of the Greater Greensboro area and a desire to be personally involved in shaping it.
- Who have the interest and potential for building a leading community open to all.
- Who have the time to complete the Other Voices initiative and have the full support of the corporation or organization represented.
- Who have the intention, upon completion of the initiative, to seek leadership opportunities in the community.
The tuition for Other Voices is $1,200 for Chamber members and non-profit staff members, and $1,500 for all other individuals. It may be paid by the individual, an employer, agency, organizations or other source. You will be invoiced upon acceptance. Payment is due prior to the beginning of the program year, which is the Orientation Program Day.
Before beginning the application, please have signed Letter of Recommendation form and the signed Participant and Employer Commitment policy form already scanned and ready to upload.
The application cannot be saved for completion later; the application must be completed in its entirety at once, including the necessary forms that must be uploaded.
Letter of Recommendation must be signed by the reference and the Commitment policy must be signed as indicated.
Complete each section fully. Applications will not be considered without all supporting documents and information completed.
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation, signed [upload with application]
- Participant & Employer Commitment form, signed [upload with application]
- Completed Online Application