Become A Part of The Leadership Greensboro Network
Up to forty-five individuals will be selected to participate in the Class of 2019. Since the number of participants in Leadership Greensboro is limited, applicants who are not selected are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years. Participants will be chosen by the Leadership Greensboro Selection Committee based upon the information provided in the application, and consideration of qualities of our ideal candidate including:
- Individuals who have lived or worked in the community for approximately one year.
- Individuals who have demonstrated leadership through community service and a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to continue to serve the Greater Greensboro community.
- Individuals who are middle or upper level leaders in their organizations/companies or are strong volunteer leaders in the community.
- Individuals who have committed to making the necessary time to complete the Leadership Greensboro experience by attendance at each program session and project team meetings and through the full support of the management of the sponsoring organization they represent.
- Individuals who have intention, upon completion of the program, to continue to improve their community by seeking roles on community boards, commissions, and volunteer leadership positions in the community.
- Individuals who represent a cross-section of the community including business, the professions, education, government, nonprofit, and neighborhood organizations as well as various racial, cultural, socio-economic, age and gender groups.
Tuition for Leadership Greensboro is $3,100 for Chamber member companies and nonprofits and $3,600 for non-Chamber member companies. Tuition is not due with the application; you will be invoiced upon acceptance. Tuition must be paid by the deadline noted in the application and is prior to the first day of class.
Applications for 2020 Class Available in April
Application deadline for the 2019 Class is June 1, 2018
- We recommend that you have signed Letters of Recommendation and the signed Commitment and Attendance policy form already scanned and ready to upload.
- The application can be edited after submission, but it is recommended that it’s completed in its entirety at once including document uploads to prevent a missed deadline.
- Letters of Recommendation must be signed by the reference and the Commitment & Attendance policy must be signed as indicated.
- The second page of the application includes brief essay questions. Complete each section fully. Applications will not be considered without all supporting documents and information completed.
- Estimated time to complete the application (after required documents are complete) is 30 to 45 minutes.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation, signed [upload with application]
- Commitment & Attendance Policy form, signed [upload with application]
- Completed Online Application